Thursday, February 22, 2007

Moment of unity

I know it's not always too fun to read the lyrics or poetry that others think is great, but I can't help myself.


...

Let us live for the grace beneath all we want,
let us see it in everything and everyone,
till we admit to the mystery
that when I look deep enough into you,
I find me, and when you dare to hear my fear
in the recess of your heart, you recognize it
as your secret which you thought
no one else knew...

O let us embrace
that unexpected moment of unity
as the atom of God...
Let us have the courage
to hold each other when we break
and worship what unfolds...

O nameless spirit that is not done with us,
let us love without a net
beyond the fear of death
until the speck of peace
we guard so well
becomes the world...

3 comments:

elbow said...

I just want you to know that I think you are really, really, really great. You're an exceptional writer, and a very caring and kind individual. Thank you!

Loyalist (with defects) said...

I have alwasys loved the idea of the "of one heart and one mind". I think this is a poem that captures that idea.

Zion begins in the heart, then family, neighbours, community, nation, world. Zion has never been a structural program but rather the way of the heart.

mark said...

I really like this poem, too, L. Thank you for sharing it.